Friday, August 22, 2008

A day like any other

It is my mother in laws birthday.... We called to wish her well :)

This morning I went to Friday morning services (Kabbalat Shabbat) at my son's school. He got to sit with me, which was great. I surprised my husband and daughter with Starbucks when I came home. I got ready for and went to orientation for pre-k for my younger one. We went to lunch at 5 Seasons . I was amazed that people take so much pride in their workmanship with food. You could tell everything was made in house for the most part. Everything was fresh! I give it a 4 of 5. Then I went home and got ready for Friday night services at our shul. They had a kiddie service and an ice cream social afterwards. I then went to pick my boy up from school. While I was waiting in the carpool line, I was able to knit a little more of my soon-to-be nephew's baby blanket. A woman with a daughter in pre-k came up to me and asked if i had a daughter in another preschool... I said I do but not the one she was asking about. She said I looked like someone she knew. I thought that was funny since I don't think I have a very memorable face LOL And def not one to be confused with someone else either. She and I talked for a good long time and the degrees of separation came into play... only ONE for us LOL! Funny how things work out! Then carpool started. This woman who was parked right in front of me was walking to her green Jag-yoo-ah in a semi-swift pace turned to me (and several others... about 3 separate times) and said "Leave it to me to hold up the line. You'll get used to me!" I chuckled because it seemed like such a pretentious thing to say. I went home, picked up the fam and left for a VERY early dinner at Subway. It wasn't my first choice but we left a lot later than I had expected. We carpooled with a wonderful woman and her son that used to be in my girl's class last year. I missed her this summer. I hope we can catch up now that the new year has started. We all had a lot of fun at shul. Then home for a movie with the hubby. Tomorrow may be a little relaxing, and then Sunday we may go to KidsFest. MAYbe.... *sigh* then back to getting up at 6am for 5 days -.-

No comments: