Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Busy few days!

So, I moved to Tampa on Friday, July 17th. As I came down my new street, I could see the big red bow that my FIL placed above the porch to welcome us. I was so HAPPY to see my boys! The boy gave me a running, jumping hug and kiss, and Ed (who was working with the plumber) was able to break away for a moment to greet me and the girl. My in laws were also there to greet us! That night we had Pei Wei which is amazingly yummy!

The weekend was spent cleaning and prepping for our best friends to come and visit! We had a blast with them on Monday the 20th. I miss them tons… The rest of that week and following weekend was spent unpacking, cleaning, arranging and settling. Monday the 27th I woke at 5:30am to meet Ed’s friend from high school, Kim, to learn the ins and outs about a vegetable co-op. That was fun, but WAY too early for me! Wednesday the 29th I took the kids to a puppet production at the library called Micetronauts. They had a really good time! I also got them their own library cards and let them choose one book each to check out. Checking out a book earned them a coupon from the library for a free shake from Steak 'n Shake! HOW COOL!

The following day, Thursday the 30th, I took the kids to another library for a live play of Rumplestiltskin. It was a 25 minute drive to get there and as we got closer, the area started to remind me a lot of the area we left in Georgia. It seemed like there were many stay-at-home moms there and like the surrounding trees, yards and common areas, they seemed to be well manicured and taken care of! The area of the library that was showing the play only allowed for 80 people. They let all the children in first then whatever parents were left, they would squeeze in. Only 2 moms got in so you can imagine how packed this show was. I sat outside for the hour the play was going on and finished working on a knit scarf project. A woman was sitting across from me on a cell phone loudly discussing the details of a custody battle with what appeared to be her attorney. A gentle rain began to fall though the sky was still bright. Then it began to pour and oddly, the sky was STILL bright! It was really beautiful and had the obnoxious woman talking on her cell phone not been there, it would have been really peaceful. That evening we went out to Sushi Alive for their “Happy Hour”, sushi… not drinks. It wasn’t bad as far as sushi goes! That Friday, July 31st, we went to Longhorn. I was so disappointed after getting my steak, cutting into it and seeing it well done when I ordered it medium rare. I expected a warm red center as she described. When I sent it back the manager brought me out a steak that was cooked exactly how the first one was. He said he would cook another for me himself. I told him not to bother and let Ed eat the steak. After all, it would be free and I would hate to waste something free!

Saturday the 1st we went to Pei Wei for lunch, Jamba Juice for dessert, Bucs Heaven to prep for the evening and then Bucs training camp! We got to meet a few cheerleaders, hear the cannons fire and watch the players run around. WHAT A BLAST! Sunday we took the kids to Whole Foods where they got to join in a free cooking demo: sparkling lemonade, homemade hummus in pita bread and yogurt parfait! We got tenderloin steaks to cook for dinner that night. YUM! They were seriously fantastic. Monday I registered the kids for school, my MIL came over for dinner, took the kids home to spend the night THEN brought them back WITH lunch from Hungry Howie’s the next day! I had not had that since my days at Kinko's. How spoiled am I?!?!?

Coming up: Jennie Zuniga from high school is coming to visit me tomorrow. I haven’t seen her in 16 years! Uncle Greg comes to visit Friday-Sunday. I am EXCITED!

No comments: