Tuesday, September 02, 2008

STAND UP to cancer

Today is the first day you are able to download the single "Just Stand Up" on iTunes. This song features Mariah Carey, Beyonce, Carrie Underwood, Mary J. Blige, Rihanna, Fergie, Sheryl Crow, Miley Cyrus, Melissa Etheridge, Ashanti, Natasha Bedingfield, Keyshia Cole, Ciara, Leona Lewis and LeAnn Rimes. ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of the proceeds go to cancer research. This Friday, September 5th, 2008, all the women mentioned above will be performing their song on a television special that starts at 8pm on NBC, ABC, and CBS SIMULTANEOUSLY AND COMMERCIAL FREE! I will be watching and I hope you will all as well. Since one in three women and one in two men will get cancer during their lifetimes, is something we are all touched by personally or through someone else. Both of my grandmothers have gone through it and my husband's bubby, my very good friend lost her entire right arm to it just after she had her first child, my best friend's mother with a mastectomy and the loss of all her hair due to chemo, another good friend's husband survived it with throat surgery and chemo, one of my neighbors survived it in her mid 30's with a double mastectomy, 3 other neighbors have gone through it including one that lost his life to it, my friend's wife has survived it with a double mastectomy, and the list goes on and on and on. Help the world in this fight. Make a difference!

No comments: